First United Methodist Church of Colleyville was formed on November 12, 1924, with 17 charter members. In 1961, a new church was built (now used as the Service Station). The current sanctuary was completed in 1985. The education wing was completed in 1994. Noah’s Ark Preschool has been operating since 1996.
Construction was completed in 2005 on a 22,000 square foot Family Life Center. The Family Life Center contains an Event Center, Kitchen, Administrative Offices, Lobby Gallery, and Sunday School Classrooms. The beautiful Event Center can be configured for weddings, dinners, and receptions accommodating 400 people; worship services and stage productions with a state-of-the-art sound system; and basketball or volleyball games with retractable goals and sports carpet. Upgrades to the Events Center were completed in 2012 that greatly improved the sound quality and a dramatic visual projection system was added that is used every Sunday in our 11:11 Praise Service.
In 2008, a beautiful Memorial Prayer Garden was completed on the Northwest portion of the church property. Easter Sunrise Services are held there annually.
Today we continue grow. Renovations on the Sanctuary are underway that will enlarge, brighten and enhance our traditional worship services. Improvements include the purchase of a new organ, new pews that will include a center aisle, a new rock facia to the chancel area, an enlarged choir loft, a new cry room, opening up of the former library and renovations to the balcony.
We won’t forget our past and the need to connect and serve each individual who comes through our open door. We are so excited about the future of First United Methodist Church of Colleyville!
Come visit us and see what the excitement is all about!